- If you're in a car, find a clear spot away from buildings, trees, and power lines.
- Slow down and drive to a clear place
- Do not stop on overpasses, underpasses, or bridges. Be careful of overhead hazards such as power lines or falling building debris.
- Turn off the ignition and set the parking brake.
- Stay inside the car until the shaking stops.
- If you're outside, drop to the ground until the shaking stops.
- If you have a pet, do not try to hold on to your pet during a quake.
- If you're indoors, stay close to an inside wall & do not use the elevators.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/earthquakes/archive/quakedrill.dtl#ixzz1VxmqSjF5
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Did you Know That? 8.24.11
What to do during an earthquake