Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Best Natural Hair Products

Here is a list of some of my favorite hair products and how I use them:

  • Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo: This shampoo is super creamy and silky. It does not dry out your hair. There are different "versions" of this shampoo. (I use the one without C12-14 olefin sulfonate or cocamidopropyl betaine.)
  • Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque: This product works well on chemically straightened hair or natural hair. It repairs dry, damaged ends and makes them feel healthy, moisturized and strong. However, I do not like using this product on wet hair, it makes my hair feel dry. I love the way my hair feels when I use it on dry hair. When I use it on damp  hair, I'll apply coconut oil or olive oil on top of the masque and use a heat cap for 30 minutes. I don't rinse it out. Doing this, keeps my hair moisturized for at least 2-3 days.
  • walgreens.com
  • Aubrey's GPB Conditioner: This conditioner is truly amazing. Its so rich, thick and creamy. Also, a little goes a long way. After using this conditioner, my hair feels balanced. It is not dry or brittle, but strong and soft.

  • Homemade Whipped Shea Butter: I use a hand mixer to blend Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil and Castor Oil together. It works well as a styling product, moisturizing agent or sealant.
  • texasnaturalsupply.com
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...