- 1 1/2 pounds of macaroni elbows
- How to make the "Cheese" sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1 1/2 cups nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 block firm tofu (12 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 dollop mustard (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Boil the water in a large pot and cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Add all of the "cheese" sauce ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Once pasta is cooked, drain and put it in the baking pan (about the size of a brownie pan). Pour the "cheese" sauce over the pasta.
3. Bake until the top of the pasta looks slightly browned and crispy, about 15-20 minutes.